L293D Motor Shield for Arduino
2 connections for 5V ‘hobby’ servos connected to the Arduino’s high-resolution dedicated timer
4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes.
Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 25VDC.
Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
Stepper and DC Motors are essentially used in any of the DIY Robotics projects and other applications can be found in 3D printing and steering DIY cars. Most commonly used IC for low power applications for controlling these motors in dual H bridge L293D Motor Driver which is capable of driving 2 Stepper or DC motors at the same time with direction control. It can run motors from 4.5V up to 25V rating. The shield contains two L293D motor drivers and one 74HC595 shift register. The shift register expands 3 pins of the Arduino to 8 pins to control the direction of the motor drivers. The output enables the L293D is directly connected to the PWM outputs of the Arduino. It drives the DC motor and stepper with the L293D, and it drives the servo motor with Arduino pin9 and pin10. It sits on the Arduino Uno Board and you can use it instead of using another self designed PCB to drive your robotic motor projects which simplifies the project while simultaneously improving the efficiency.
- Capable of Driving 2 Stepper or DC motor
- Bidirectional Control
- Motor Voltage rating: 4.5V to 25V
- Can also drive servo motor
- High efficiency and simple usage
- Continuous Output current 1.2A
- 2 connections for 5V servos connected to the Arduino’s high-resolution dedicated timer
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes.
- Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 25VDC.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, or interleaved stepping.
This Shield is for Arduino Uno so you just have to put it on top of the Uno and download some libraries for it to run smoothly. To run motors simply connect the Power Pins to the appropriate voltage level and control it by Arduino.
1× L293D Motor Shield for Arduino
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 7 cm|